domingo, 28 de diciembre de 2008

The attack of the cookies!

I love cookies but I don't make them very often , these are a recipe from my grandma and they never fail...They are not vegan ( cuz here in Mexico there is no substitute for butter sadly) but they are so delicious I couldn't resist making them as a gift for the holidays.

A lot of photos of the finished cookies






And moreee cookies!







These batch turned out to be a little brown in the edges :(


The batter with dry cranberries and dark chocolate




And my new moo-glove , I just loved it!




And for your delight here’s the recipe of the delicious cookies

Oatmeal Cookies (Grandma’s secret recipe!)

-2 ½ cup oats (not instant)
-1 cup of walnuts (you can substitute with almonds, raisins, chocolate , etc)
-1 ½ cup White flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- ½ tbsp.salt
- ½ tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ cup of heavy cream ( I used yogurt)
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of White sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of vainilla scent

Preparation

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, yogurt, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs until well blended. Add the vainilla and the dry ingredients until the mix is homogeneous. With a spoon mix the walnuts and oatmeal.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

*And a tip that my grandma put on the recipe is that you should’nt put two batches of cookies at the same time.

5 comentarios:

Theresa dijo...

Grandma recipes are always the best, aren't they

Gina dijo...

I guess grandma's recipe isn't a secret anymore!! They look fabulous, yum!

havecakewilltravel.com dijo...

I don't think I get attacked by cookies quite often enough.

happyherbivore.com dijo...

you can sub applesauce, vegetable shortening, pureed prunes or oil for butter :)

happy baking.

Katie dijo...

Why is it that grandmas always have the best recipes? :)

I use a Kodak M753, which is a step down (or perhaps an old version) of the Kodak M763. I bought it refurbished online & it was about $90 (US dollars).