domingo, 18 de enero de 2009

Caribbean Brownies


Mmm so many kinds of bananas...so little time





First of all, thanks for all your lovely comments and suggestions :):)!

Lately I've been craving for something caribbean , so I decided to make an experiment and make a slightly different version of brownies.
Vegan Coconut-Banana Brownies


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 smashed bananas
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 CD of salsa music


Put some salsa to prepare the ambient, music always make things more fun. My new finding, the OST of "El Cantante" by Marc Anthony, or if you are feeling more old school, some Hector Lavoe . :) Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour or spray an 8×8 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, beat together applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa. Beat until well mixed then fold in coconut. Put some soymilk if it's too thick.  Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes aproximately. And enjoy :)

I think these are by far the best brownies I have made, the combination of the banana, coconut and chocolate is amazing...

7 comentarios:

Every Gym's Nightmare dijo...

wow- those look delicious. definately not your same old brownies.

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

The Vegan Snorkeler dijo...

Yay for going vegan! Thanks for posting this recipe. I don't really like brownies (I know, weird!), but I think I'd really like this banana/coconut/cocoa combination. I love that you listed the music you were listening to, an essential part of any recipe!

Gina dijo...

YUM!!! Bananas, coconut, brownies, salsa music, how could you go wrong??? Those sound awesome Larissa!

Stacey dijo...

Yum! Your brownies sound awesome! :)

Katie dijo...

Mmm coconut, chocolate & bananas - heaven!

I love that you included a salsa CD as one of the ingredients!

For the Love of Guava dijo...

Oh man... like I need a reason... :)

NOMNOMNOM!

terrablt dijo...

Those brownies look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! (if that is how you spell fabulous :P)