jueves, 8 de enero de 2009

Photos, food and trips...

I havent posted so recently and these days have been a little busy with little last minute trips to Tepoztlan (2 days one after the other ) and Mexico City.

I am watching Takeout Chef with Curtis Stone and I think its so interesting and fun!

Just a pic of the mountain and some christmas lamps

Mmmm delish local sherbets called Tepoznieves (Tepoztlan + nieves (sherbets)) the best you can have, over 130 flavors and combinations so crazy that they actually taste amazing. They have names like Arrullo de Luna (Moon whistle) , Reina de las Flores ( Queen of the Flowers), etc...these are Petalo de Rosas (Rose's petals) with mamey and mine is the right one and is lemon with passionfruit!
Here I finished the lemon part and the passionfruit was on the bottom!
Another use for corn, beans, and a thousand more things, is the atrium of the church made entirely by grains...beautiful!



Here is the dress my best friend bought me in Tepoztlan , we were trying on clothes and I tried these dress and he told me ...you cant go from the store without it...so cute :D love him!


yay my christmas present! my new macbook!!!






Also the 2nd day we climbed the mountain Tepozteco and I found ancient paintings









The mountain and the sunset


This is called the Baston (the Baton)




A mountain view


Some photographic experiments...icecream and colorful grain beads



Salsa straight from the molcajete from a quesadilla restaurant and a hemp ring



This is my new addiction...Pita bread with organic tofu burger, zaatar (a middle east spice mix), thick yoghurt, and tomatoe...can´t get enough :P!



Also I visited an organic market and sadly there were only 3 stands...cuz here the organic culture is almost none, but I wish it'll last because there are some amazing products. Like the Peach Nectar made from Prisco Organic Peaches and agave honey!

And home made organic soy yoghurt ...delish!
A bit of a long post...but I guess Im grateful to live near places that still have a lot of natural beauty...like those mountains...

7 comentarios:

a vegan about town dijo...

Those sherberts look fantastic!

Becks - Not a Rabbit. dijo...

Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun, and your pictures are absolutely beautiful, such vibrant colours!

Gina dijo...

So much great stuff! The sherbets look like of like what we call "Italian Ice", although it is kind of regional thing even, to what exactly people think Italian Ice is.

Sounds like you had a great trip. And what a nice Christmas present! I love my Mac :)

Katie dijo...

What a beautiful place! Man, that sherbert looks great...thanks for sharing!

Stella dijo...

What a beautiful set of photographs! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I will be reading yours regularly now. I've been planning a trip to Mexico for several years, and hope to finally get there later this year - this really re-motivated me!!!

For the Love of Guava dijo...

I know I've said this before... but your photos are seriously inspiring! It makes me feel like I'm wasting away even more in front of my work computer! And that pita... it's right before lunchtime... have mercy! :)

Stacey dijo...

Great photos! I love that dress! I like the bright colors too! I would paint every wall a different color if we weren't renting our apartment.